Graduate Handbooks and Forms
For more information on preparing a thesis or dissertation, please refer to the Vireo website, which is ECU’s electronic thesis and dissertation submissions service. It explains the required formatting and required elements.
- Directed Reading Course Request – Contact email@example.com to initiate the process.
- Event Scheduling Form (Qualtrics) – Submit to schedule an event, such as a CAP/thesis/dissertation defense, prospectus meeting, or comprehensive exams
- Graduate School Forms
- Request to Add Certificate
- Request for Change of Program
- Thesis to Non-thesis Change
- Thesis or Dissertation – Required elements, formatting, Signature Page, and NEDL
- Transfer Credit – Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate the process.
- Travel/Event Funding Request – Submit request at least 30 days before departure or virtual event
- Concentration Change Form (DocuSign) – Submit to change MA concentration
- CAP Pre-Approval Form (DocuSign) – File the semester before completing the Comprehensive Assessment Project (CAP)
- Thesis Forms – Submit both forms after the Prospectus Meeting
- Preliminary Review (pdf) – File at the conclusion of the Preliminary Review (at the beginning of the second year/18 s.h. in the program)
- Plan of Study (docx) – Map your PhD plan of study
- Annual Review (pdf) – This form must be filled out yearly after your Annual Review
- Request for Extension (pdf) – Requirements for the PhD must be completed in 7 years; use this form to request extension of that time
- Comprehensive Exam Committee Formation (DocuSign) – File to officially form your Comprehensive Examination Committee
- Comprehensive Exams – The staff member will provide these forms to your committee via DocuSign at the conclusion of your Oral Exam
- Dissertation Committee Form (DocuSign) – File to form your dissertation committee
- Dissertation Prospectus Defense Form (pdf) – The staff member will provide this form to your committee via DocuSign at your prospectus presentation/defense
- Advancement to Doctoral Candidacy (external) – File at the conclusion of your dissertation prospectus defense
- Dissertation Defense Form (pdf) – The staff member will provide this form to your committee via DocuSign at your dissertation defense